Just checking this out. The Indonesia trip is still up the air. Waiting for them to get back from Ramadan and finalize the contract. Janine may leave in less than two weeks. Big changes on the horizon.
A bullet point summary of my life
* Born in Winston-Salem, NC in the mid sixties (too young to be a hippie)
* Was a geeky and loud youth - had some cool friends anyway.
* Went to Duke University and was there to see the Coach K dynasty begin
* Worked at P & G for five years as Computer Systems Analyst
* Quit Corporate America to teach - go figure! Was a surprise to me too.
* Spent some time getting my Masters at NWMSU (tiny town, awesome school)
* Spent some time in Europe (one year teaching in Hungary) and Africa
* Finally started teaching and coaching in St. Louis - difficult but rewarding
* Arrived in California too poor to teach - went back to Tech for a while
* Really missed teaching - landed at Hercules High. I love it here.
* Got Married
* Did an Ironman
* Traveled all over including 6 months in Indonesia
* 2011 - Back to Hungary and first go at the Camino
* 2013 - Left Bay Area for Seattle, programmed games for CGS at UW
* 2015 - Ballard High School - Go Beavers!
* 2017 - Back to the Camino and legendary return to Oakland and Oakland Tech