Just checking this out. The Indonesia trip is still up the air. Waiting for them to get back from Ramadan and finalize the contract. Janine may leave in less than two weeks. Big changes on the horizon.
There's an entire book I've written just about a year I spent in Hungary. I can't imagine trying to sum up my life in a few hundred words. But I guess I will anyway - in bullet point fashion
* Born in Winston-Salem, NC in the mid 60's (too young to be a hippie)
* Was a geeky and loud youth - had some cool friends anyway.
* Went to Duke University and was there to see the * Coach K dynasty begin
* Worked at P&G for five years as Computer Systems Analyst
* Quit Corporate America to teach - go figure! Was a surprise to me too.
* Spent some time getting my Masters at NWMSU (tiny town, awesome school)
* Spent some time in Europe and Africa - working, playing, living
* Finally started teaching and coaching in St. Louis - difficult but rewarding
* Arrived in California too poor to teach - went back to Tech for a while
* Really missed teaching - landed at Hercules High. I love it here.
* Got Married
* Traveled all over including 6 months in Indonesia
* Returning to Hungary in July 2011, then on to Spain for a Historic Walk to Campostela de Santiago